Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be a member of the Systems Engineering team involved in defining detailed technical requirements and to achieve continued architectural and quality excellence in our small cell products. This is a highly technical position requiring in depth technical engagements and not high-level approaches and will be located in our Lowell, MA office.
- Work with Product Marketing team and customers to converge on product requirements.
- Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
- Perform theoretical analysis, simulations and define algorithms for current and future features of our LTE and 5G small cell products.
- As the Program Technical Lead, interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, friendly user testing and deployments.
- Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
- Work with cross functional teams and lead technical activities for customer trials and deployments.
- Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans.
- Propose new, creative solutions for tough, system-wide problems.
- Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Continually evaluate, influence and advance internal design efforts to improve product development processes and ensure carrier-class quality.
- Participate in academic conferences.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree Preferred.
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc.)
- Proven expertise of LTE and 5G technologies and standards.
- Expertise in at least one or a few other wireless technologies: 5G, 3GPP standards, wifi, etc.
- Strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
- Demonstrated ability to mathematically analyze complex problems and to propose solutions for complex problem with considerations of performance, scalability and correctness.
- Expertise in simulation techniques and tools
- Experience in network protocols and architecting networking aspects of a carrier-class platform.
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
- Experience with system level testing and performance evaluation of wireless systems and familiarity with related tools.
- Practical experience with designing the 5TH generation wireless solutions a definite plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.