Title: Streaming Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Foster City, CA
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Provide Operational support for testing, setup and running of
live events both virtually and locally across our other North America offices.
• Provide onsite support and assistance with any of the live events and recordings run from the local offices in Foster City, Palo Alto and San Francisco throughout the year
• Edit, stitch together and manipulate raw video recordings for later viewing or distribution
• Provide onsite troubleshooting and support for client meetings and video calls
• Create detailed design documents, evaluate and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits and then provide assistance on components of the acquisition process, including business case, vendor selection and input on contract negotiations.
• Provide pre and postproduction support from the Auditorium and meeting site in Foster City. Assisting production companies and running large scale events for the employees that work out of the office.
• Plan, implement, and provide ongoing escalation support for the following products and services: MS Teams, MTR’s, AppSpace, vBrick, Cisco video conferencing endpoints.
• Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time and within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
• Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
• Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events, and training seminars.
• Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on deployment or support issues.
• Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.
• Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
• Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Streaming, Video and Conferencing technologies, which can be a combination of experience in the Design, Video Editing or other equivalent professionally qualified education and experience such as Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technology field. Streaming certifications are highly desirable.
• High level of competence in the following: Microsoft Teams,
Microsoft Teams Rooms, WebEx, video bridging infrastructure, AV technologies
and Web streaming solutions (such as VBrick and vMix) experience are preferred.
• Good technical understanding of AV equipment, encoders, signal flows, architecture and live system setups for broadcasts
• Experience and understanding of editing tools, compositors and graphics packages such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• Good understanding of streaming media workflows, CDN connectivity and media distribution for live and on-demand content both within an enterprise network and externally
• A conceptual understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments.
• Good understanding of live event workflow with AV switches and routers
• Experience working with MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx and Azure management
• Strong process orientation and proven planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills along with effective oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Staying calm under pressure.
• Experience leading technology deployments on moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex environments.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.