Job Title: System Architect - Senior
Location: Austin, TX 78759
Duration: 12 Months
As the Senior Systems Architect, you will play the critical role in defining and driving the solution implementation for a multi-year service reliability program in the Client Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) group. You will be a collaborator who will be depended on by delivery and execution teams to offer technical guidance and solution designs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to define and execute on the overall service reliability strategy for achieving the goal of 6 9’s availability for digital services in the areas such as system architecture, software deployment, observability, infrastructure and SRE practices.
DDP develops and operates multiple product and platform applications including Client Developer Platform, Client Token Services, Client Direct, Mobile Solutions among others which power consumer payment experiences of our clients. You will have the opportunity to learn these products and your work will have direct impacts to the experiences of the end consumers.
You will be an integral part of the DDP Architecture Team and will have the opportunity to contribute to building the long-term architecture that delivers on the organizational vision for consistency, quality, developer productivity, security, reusability, and availability across Client's global infrastructure.
The successful candidate to fill this role will have a strong architecture background and a good understanding on architecture principles for high availability/scalability including cloud technologies, possess effective communication and collaboration skills.
• Drive the definition of technical solutions in the identified system, architecture and process areas to improve the service reliability of the digital product lines. These areas include but not limited to fault tolerant design, chaos testing, anomaly detection, observability, databases, and SRE practices. These improvements will be combination of introducing new solutions and enhancements on existing solutions.
• Collaborate with the team of engineers and architects to define the problems, propose solutions and ensure correct implementation of the solutions. Produce the artifacts related to the design and document the solution designs clearly and with enough details to the delivery and execution teams.
• Perform technology evaluation on tools and conduct necessary proof of concept for tools and design evaluations.
• Collaborate with software engineers, performance testing engineers and production engineers to provide technical guidance during the solution implementation.
• Support the principle system architect and ensure the consistency of the solutions.
• Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; typically requires 8-10 years of experience.
• 3+ years of experience as platform architect with advance knowledge in several of the following key areas: microservices architecture, container and orchestration, deployment architecture, benchmarking, design, network engineering, public cloud technologies (AWS preferred), SRE practices, observability tools, and databases.
• Excellent understanding of scalability processes and techniques.
• Experience in solving challenges in high availability and high-performance environments, as well as managing large-scale deployments of traffic-heavy applications.
• Experience in SRE and DevOps organization a plus.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, daring to make changes to complex systems to improve service availability outcome.