Location: Midtown NYC
Type: Fulltime/ Perm
Industry: Law Firm
- Windows Server 2016
- Citrix XenApp (Huge Plus)
Our client is a full service midtown Manhattan law firm with Fortune 500 clientele. We are looking for a bright, motivated individual who is able to grasp concepts quickly and who wants to grow and learn in every area of technology to join their IT team as a Systems Administrator.
- Install, configure and maintain servers (both physical and virtual); perform and monitor on-site and off-site backups.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Support and maintain networking and telecommunication systems.
- Use network monitoring software to ensure network uptime.
- Create and maintain user accounts on Active Directory, email, and telephone systems and on other firm-specific applications.
- Manage Windows Deployment Server to image the firm’s desktop and laptop computers.
- Approve and deploy Windows updates to the firm’s computers and servers.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Handle high level and escalated support requests.
- Experience building and maintaining a virtual server environment using virtualization technologies, VMWare preferred.
- Must feel 100% comfortable building VMs, managing Virtual Servers, adding storage, and monitoring & supporting the virtual environment.
- Experience with different storage arrays, NetApp preferred.
- Experience building and supporting Citrix XenApp farms highly preferred.
- Experience managing on-site and off-site backup systems, Veeam experience preferred.
- Experience managing off-site business continuity systems, Zerto experience preferred.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Server 2016.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and eager to learn new products, technologies and methodologies to support the firm's current and anticipated technology needs.
- Must be able to provide after hours and weekend support for upgrades, scheduled downtimes and preventative maintenance, as needed.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work and operate within a team based environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments and align them with business priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will also possess (Not Must Have):
- Experience creating queries in Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with ShoreTel VoIP systems and Ingate SIParator.
- Experience with Spiceworks and SolarWinds network monitoring software.
- Experience with Worldox Document Management System.