Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are looking for a world-class Tech-Ops Lead with the character, skill, and backbone to build the next great technology business.
The Tech-Ops Lead must have a strong desire for improving operational efficiency through a combination of superior processes and cutting edge technology. You will work with our product and engineering teams to craft tools and automation that help resolve complex operational challenges facing our business operations teams. You have a bias against building a people heavy operations model and instead aggressively look for opportunities where technology can provide massive operational leverage. You are very familiar with data-driven operational excellence frameworks and have a proven track record of driving teams to achieve operational excellence consistently.
You’re passionate about leading a team in building technologies that can serve people. You obsess over the “routing engine” of order intake and operational efficiency and you intuitively understand the ticking clock that suboptimal “do things that don’t scale” order intake/order routing represents, and you’re excited to work with product and engineering leads to race to success. You’re not afraid to jump in the weeds of the operations machine, while also naturally stepping into a managerial role as we scale.
You know better than to build a thousand-person outsourced team when you’re innovative enough to come up with the way for 10 people to do the work of 1,000 leveraging technology to unlock the power of our platform.
You’ve been part of the operations team of a high-touch, technology-enabled company that grew the capacity of the company through hypergrowth at a venture-backed company and you have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results in a timely manner. You’re intelligent, high-character, and always have a bias to action. You want to take on responsibilities and see yourself as a future leader of the organization.
You will find a way or make one.
In year one you will:
- Lead and manage the operations team
- Develop and implement strong operational processes that enable our operations team to be highly leveraged and perform with operational excellence
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and operations leadership to identify which areas of the operations can be improved through full automation and strong human-in-the-loop solutions
- Participate in the ongoing process of investigating, analyzing, and providing scalable tech-enabled solutions to operational challenges
- Coordinate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency to incorporate tech-enabled scale
- Follow enterprise standards for Security and Best Practices
- Seek opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the product and how they impact client experience, site performance, stability, and quality
- Work closely with application and infrastructure teams to identify and solve bottlenecks and increase team efficiency via automation
What you must have:
- 8 - 12 years of work experience and at least 6 years with technology to automate human-centered process work; including extensive experience working with product managers and engineers
- 3+ years of experience at a company known for its operational excellence
- Extreme character, talent, drive, and teaming ability
- Proven excellence in building, enhancing, and delivering automation platforms that drive scalability in business operations, and delight the customer
- Analyze varying stakeholder concerns, proactively working with diverse groups to address concerns, and drive solutions that get launched
- Collaborate with product, architecture, database, and application teams regarding automation topics
- Explain complex solutions to an audience with a wide variety of technical skills and background
- Guide and mentor others through the design, build, and implementation phases of system automation
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems
- Extremely responsive, with an unmatched sense of urgency and bias for action
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work with people at all management levels
- Ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong operations background (preferably owning a P&L at some stage in career), paired with a deep technical understanding of product innovation, delivery, and iteration
- 6 sigma black belt or similar operational excellence certification
- The ability to partner with technology leaders to build scalable tools for the operations team
- Strong background in data-driven decision making
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) options
- Unlimited PTO (Discretionary)