The Department for Medicaid Services, Division of Information Systems, Systems Management Branch is seeking a Technical Analyst for MMIS Maintenance and Operations in Frankfort, Kentucky.
Primary Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
· Analyze and design computer functions, programs, and applications.
· Troubleshoot, test, and debug system issues.
· Find data and computer system risks and implement new programming to address and eliminate these risks.
· Write Data Conversion Scripts.
· Conduct analysis of business issues and write analysis reports.
· Balance technology and effectively communicate with technical teams and document business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
· Act as liaison between contracted vendors and policy areas.
· Participate in defining technology solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on the core systems and solving complex, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications.
· Recommend new solutions to technology strategies and standards.
· Develop technology bias business cases, processes, and models that will enable efficient working practices and technology change.
· Translate business requirements, documenting functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and implement workflow across the organization.
· Participate in implementation of new business processes and functions as a result of national and regional initiatives.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of recent, relevant work experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Product Suites (Word, Excel, and Visio).
· 5+ years IT Systems experience.
· Prior experience with X12 transactions and proprietary files.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels, singly and in groups.
· Experience defining business problems, gathering and documenting requirements, and determining solutions to meet requirements.
· Possesses an extensive knowledge of system development life cycles, concepts and business operations from more than one business sector and understands the significance of fiscal constraints.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards.
· Demonstrable, significant experience of previously held technician/programmer/engineer level roles within complex multi-platform environments that evidence progression through the IT career path.
· Must possess strong understanding of XML.
· Ability to handle extreme workloads with general direction.
· Relationship management and facilitation skills.
· Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently and in conjunction with team members.
· Working knowledge of client Healthcare Programs (i.e., Medicaid).
· Prior experience with healthcare claims and payments.
· Strong understanding of healthcare enterprise systems (including, but not limited to claims, finance, MCO's, and providers), with the ability to understand and communicate from a business and technical perspective.