Technical Lead (Web Platform)
We are looking for a Technical Lead Web Engineer for a contract position with our client in Washington DC. This will be a 6-12 contract with possibility of conversion.
Candidates must be able to attend onsite interview and work 100% onsite. No 3rd party candidates. Send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Position Summary: The Digital Product Technology group is seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to guide the software engineering teams building brand new ways for consumers to engage. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day development activities of the teams that are building a new multi-tenant, multi-lingual, globally deployed, modern web serving stack that will power the Consumer Sites/Editorial Platform
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in and leading Agile software development teams, has had hands-on experience building with the latest in web technologies at scale, and demonstrates a bias for action while minimizing risks.
- Oversee day-to-day development activities of development team members and conduct code reviews. Define and oversee agile development processes ensuring quality, security, reliability, scalability, and performance of our sites.
- Guide and mentor a team of distributed engineers.
- Act as a solution architect to define technical approaches and solutions for initial product delivery and ongoing feature development.
- Spend time in the codebase and contribute code.
- Collaborate with technical leads across Software Engineering to continuously refine and drive towards new software architectures to meet new strategic business needs.
- 5+ years experience developing large multi-tier web sites or web applications.
- Expert in agile software development and DevOps teams and experience guiding development teams in transition
- Experience integrating technologies with custom development to meet product requirements.
- Experience with web caching and CDNs such as Varnish, Squid, Akamai, or CloudFront.
- Experience with dependency management and build and deployment tools (ie. Jenkins/Bamboo, Puppet, Docker, Spinnaker).
- Experience using and developing RESTful services using JSON.
- Experience breaking apart and transitioning away from monolithic web applications.
- Experience building and working within a continuously integrated, automated continuous deployment and zero-downtime deployment environment
- Experience and passion building technology for consumer experiences and products.
- Experience with cloud computing such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with microservices architectures, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading technical teams and performing technical project management.
- Ability to lead technical conversations with Product, Business and Ads leadership, in addition to Engineering and Support/Operations teams.
- Conveys highly technical concepts and information in written form to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team-oriented individual, energetic, result & delivery oriented, with a keen interest on quality and the ability to meet deadlines.