Technical Product Owner, Global Online
For our Client, one of the world's leading companies in the beauty industry, we are looking for a Technical Product Owner, Global Online.
Employment Type: Contract to hire (starting with a contract for up to 12 months)
In this role, you will lead a scrum team focused on the core PHP technology (Drupal) that renders websites and powers a CMS underlying an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally. Technical Product Owner will provide the product vision to the team, work with architects and tech leads to translate business needs into technology solutions, create the roadmap, drive its execution, and measure and communicate the business value of the results. This role requires working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and will prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. The successful candidate has good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills. This opportunity allows you to work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures, as well as sharing your own.
- provide vision and direction to the Agile development team focused on making the platform technology secure, performant, robust, and scalable.
- define the team’s roadmap, with a particular focus on increasing conversions by improving site speed & stability, and on increasing productivity & velocity by providing a best-in-class Developer Experience and a best-in-class Content Management System User Experience.
- assess value, develop cases, prioritize features, and measure results, to ensure work focuses on and delivers maximum value.
- define requirements and maintain the product backlog to ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on, balancing the delivery of new functionality with the maintenance of the existing platform.
- research and analyze technology trends, competitors, and the industry, and incorporate key learnings into the roadmap.
- lead the planning for releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- interface with senior stakeholders to understand goals and to demonstrate results.
- ensure that technical solutions meet business needs with a high degree of technical quality.
- keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends and bring them to the team where appropriate.
- 5+ years experience in an Agile development team, with 3+ years in a Product Owner or Technical Product Owner role. You have an expert understanding & experience of the role of a Product Owner in an Agile team.
- being familiar with Content Management Systems like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, etc..
- demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects, and to deliver value through new features.
- proven track record of gathering requirements, translating into user stories and acceptance criteria, and measuring results.
- ability to give a clear and consistent vision of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders.
- ability to develop, lead, motivate, and supervise a team.
- excellent analytical skills and the proven ability to understand technical concepts and their relationship to business goals.
- hands-on software development experience (this role does not require writing code, but requires an understanding of computer science fundamentals & the experience of a developer).
- experience with large-scale technology products, preferably at an enterprise scale.
- technical background with an understanding of engineering principles and design patterns.
- being passionate about delivering business value with a high degree of technical quality.
- pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to drive solutions & solve problems.
- positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach.
- strong understanding of Agile best practices and are a power user of Jira.
- strong written & verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions, and presenting to a room. You can effectively communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff and can present persuasively to leadership.
- self-awareness and a desire to continually improve your skills.
- experience working with global teams.
- e-commerce experience.
- experience working with Drupa.
- experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc).