Technical Project Manager
This Project Manager will be working on the Disney/Fox integration. Must be politically saavy. 6 month contract with possible extensions and conversion to Permanant employee.
Must hold Green Card or US Citizen.
This project will cut over approx. 4k employees from a few pay-rolling systems to one new platform with a set cut over date of Dec. 12/2019. All this needs to occur at the exact same time to coordinate all data from one system to another & coordinate payroll as well. Will be working with data migration teams both within Disney and Fox. This is a highly visible position. Must be articulate and accustomed to presenting to top leaders. Most importantly must be able to understand there are competing priorities, with competing individuals and must be able to focus on that "north star"- to be able to prioritize and escalate with political savviness and soft skills.
We are looking for a start date of June 1st.
Interviews will be bluejeans then on site with team.
Title: Project Manager
Location: Burbank California
Pay Rate: Up to $96/hr
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a project manager of enterprise-wide software implementations in complex and large corporate environments with multiple stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, including 5+ years in managing information technology projects
- Payroll Integration experience
- Must also hold a PMI certification and/or SAFe Agilist Cert.
Disney’s Enterprise Business Systems is looking for a Project Manager that will lead the migration of HCM records and payroll processes from two legacy applications to a new platform. The Project Manager will plan, execute, and deliver all phases of the project on time, in budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of the project, the project manager tracks project status and manages project participants to mitigate issues and risks as well as carry out the communication plan in support of change management as stakeholders move to new processes.
This position requires strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to connect with and lead a variety of project constituents. It also requires strong business analysis skills and the ability to learn new business quickly, and to think strategically, remaining focused on a particular “North Star”.
The successful candidate will work in an environment where the project is operating on critical deadlines that must be met, for very critical business processes that must be successful. Additionally, the candidate will lead a project that has multiple senior stakeholders, and where this will be one of the first significant projects crossing the now integrated technology organization for Disney and 21CF.
• Defines and creates project plan for the project, includes prioritization and implementation
• Defines scope and deliverables for vendor participant agreements
• Evaluates trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
• Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
• Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered
• Ensures the project adheres to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
• Continually apprises relevant business stakeholder of project status
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies issues, and devises contingency plans
• Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team
• Provides frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of schedules, milestones, and vendor accountability
• Conducts meetings with senior leadership and key stakeholders across the organization to validate understanding of business goals and effectively communicate the business strategy
• Collaborates with stakeholders (consisting of business sponsor, user groups, Enterprise Technology, and vendors) to define the project objective and goals, detailed scope, approach, resource requirements, risks and communications strategy
• Aligns rollout strategy across multiple stakeholder groups
• Leads effective status meetings that communicate overall project status and define actions required to keep project within scope, schedule and budget
• Publishes weekly status reports that provides project progress reports to project team and stakeholders
• More than two years of business requirements gathering and documentation
• Financial technology project management experience strongly preferred
• Experience working with project management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, JIRA, etc.)