NJ, Jersey City
Title: Technical Specialist
Location: Jersey City, NJ Area
Must Have: Level 1 Tech support experience
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Technical Specialist stationed at our New Jersey location will be serving as our first line of defense working with operations and technology teams. Ensuring we capture actionable data via our ticketing systems and work closely with our Ops and tech teams to have timely resolutions.
- Provide technical support across the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Maintain a physical presence on location ensuring that all staff tech requests are addressed and assigned appropriately in a timely manner.
- As the first contact for the Tech Team, report any computing/network abnormalities, unusual trends, and potential cyber events to the appropriate teams.
- Work with the Tech Team to troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, networking, and printing problems
- Configure new and existing computers, printers, scanners, tablets, and equipment
- Provide Zoom Room video conferencing support for all conference rooms at the location
- Resolve support tickets within required timeframes
- Reset passwords and troubleshoot account issues
- Provide user training as needed
- Document procedures and maintain knowledge base
- Manage equipment returns, swaps, loaners, and reconfiguration/wipe/reset of them to ensure operational readiness.
- Security - Working with HRBP to manage access control systems, entering and updating security keycard access.
- Job occasionally requires lifting computer equipment such as desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, etc. that may weigh up to 50lbs. The job also occasionally requires running cables under and around equipment and furniture.
- Ability to work all days (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- 1+ years experience supporting and troubleshooting technical IT issues
- Strong working knowledge of diagnostic software and equipment.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Diagnostic skills in hardware, network, printing, Androids, iOS, and operating systems
- Excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Gmail and Google Apps and Slack
- Knowledge of multiple operating system platforms
- Networking cabling basics Cat5 / 5e / 6
- Basics network troubleshooting
- Experience using a ticket system
- Experience with Video Conferencing platforms (Zoom)
- Must have knowledge of Gmail and Google Apps