Technical Support Specialist
I am looking for a On-Site Tech Support for one of our clients based out of Locust Grove, Atlanta.
It's a long term contract and on site role.
Positions Name: Technical Specialist, Innovative Farms
Location: Locust Grove, Atlanta, GA
The Technical Specialist stationed at our high tech farm will be serving as our HQ first line of defense working with farm operations and technology teams. Ensuring we capture actionable data via our ticketing systems and work closely with our Farm Ops and tech teams to have timely resolutions.
- Provide technical support across the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Maintain a physical presence on the Farm ensuring that all Farm staff tech requests are addressed and assigned appropriately in a timely manner.
- As the first contact for the Tech Team, report any computing/network abnormalities, unusual trends, and potential cyber events to the appropriate teams.
- Work with the Tech Team to troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, networking, and printing problems
- Configure new and existing computers, printers, scanners, tablets, and equipment
- Provide Zoom Room video conferencing support for all conference rooms at the Farms
- Resolve support tickets within required timeframes
- Reset passwords and troubleshoot account issues
- Provide user training as needed
- Document procedures and maintain knowledge base
- Manage equipment returns, swaps, loaners, and reconfiguration/wipe/reset of them to ensure operational readiness.
- Security - Working with HRBP to manage access control systems, entering and updating security keycard access.
- Job occasionally requires lifting computer equipment such as desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, etc. that may weigh up to 50lbs. The job also occasionally requires running cables under and around equipment and furniture.
- 3+ years experience supporting and troubleshooting technical IT issues
- Strong working knowledge of diagnostic software and equipment.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Diagnostic skills in hardware, network, printing, Androids, iOS, and operating systems
- Excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Gmail and Google Apps and Slack
- Knowledge of multiple operating system platforms
- Networking cabling basics Cat5 / 5e / 6
- Basics network troubleshooting
- Experience using a ticket system
- Experience with Video Conferencing platforms (Zoom)
- Must have knowledge of Gmail and Google Apps