Unity VR Developer
CA, San Francisco
Role: Unity VR Developer
Location: Remote US
End date: 3 or 4 months from start date
Regarding the contractor, the candidate will be working on:
- Add support for the new WebXR API to one plugin we have developed previously using an older version of that API. That plugin will provide VR support to the current Unity WebGL exporter.
- Analyze bottlenecks on the exported code and provide ideas on how to improve them, even if the implementation itself could be out of the scope of the contract.
- Provide some benchmarks and statistics comparing the performance of a simple scene built on Unity native VR versus the same scene exporter using the WebXR plugin versus the same scene built on a web engine as three.js, babylon, playcanvas or aframe.
So the requirements for this profile should be experienced in:
- Unity development of VR applications
- VR on the web: WebVR and/or WebXR, aframe, three.js...