Telecom - UX/UI Designer 5
Ridgefield Park, NJ
6 months contract
The Client Corporate Marketing team is looking for a high-impact and versatile User Experience Designer contractor to join our Consumer Experience Team (CX). The candidate must be collaborative by nature—willing to lead, execute, optimize and adjust both work product and processes—based on feedback and input from a number of stakeholders. The CX team works closely with stakeholders including eCommerce, Product Marketing, Brand, and Customer Care.
You’ll have the opportunity to transform consumer digital experiences in a fast-paced environment by striking the right balance between the transactional and the emotional—always keeping our users and their goals in mind. You will collaborate on a broad range of work from browser-based websites on a multi-functional team of UX and Content Strategy.
- Proven experience driving deliverables and initiatives in a multi-location interdisciplinary team to deliver on the product or service objectives.
- Deep experience with projects requiring domain knowledge of and creating service design journey maps or information architecture (IA) structures.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates understanding of end-to-end systems thinking, strategic approaches to decision making, and core skills across a variety of categories and formats (e.g. web, OS frameworks).
- Track record of synthesizing data and user research insights into UX project deliverables and points of view.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and candid, respectful debate, with a bias of leading towards clarity.
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from multi-disciplinary teams. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Experience working with Product Management and Marketing teams.
- Agility in creating digital sketches or prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help validate design ideas and iterate on them.
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams. Ability to communicate insights and designs to project teams and senior leadership.
- Experience applying user research techniques and principles is a plus.
- Fluency with common design software (Sketch, Adobe XD) for the creation of wireframes, design mockups and prototypes.
- Background in eCommerce, marketing, or emerging technologies are ideal.
- Strong project management skillset is required.
- Requires 5-8 years cumulative experience in marketing or UX industry in various disciplines.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or equivalent experience in digital marketing, UX, Visual, Graphic and/or Interaction Design.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create designs that reflect user-centered requirements that are intuitive end-to-end solutions, balanced with the needs of cross-department stakeholders and business leaders.
- Create journey maps that drive our digital experience strategy, while scaling effectively.
- Lead design conversations and influence decision-making backed by strong design rationale and data.
- Effectively and creatively communicate ideas and visions as a story using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in rapid development cycles while remaining ?exible.
- Deliver projects that meet requirements and timelines aligned with the stakeholder, brand, and business objectives.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration by exhibiting a high degree of organizational awareness, building relationships with the Corporate Marketing team and its stakeholders.
- Research and decisions to be based on quantitative analytics on site behavior plus qualitative assessments on research and insights.
Nice to Haves: Analytical background where they have pulled insights and put them into design.