Vendor Management Specialist/ IT Asset Specialist
Please email all resume in a word document to: Rachel.Tapley@harveynashusa.com
All applicants MUST BE LOCAL & have previous procurement/inventory.purchasing experience within IT.
Vendor Management Specialist
Interested in partnering with Harvey Nash and have experience in procurement and vendor management? This is your perfect opportunity.
One of our exciting clients is looking for a Vendor Management Specialist to focus on vendor engagement. This requires previous experience in technical asset/inventory management. (both hardware & software) The types of items being purchased are primarily technical, such as servers, network equipment, connectivity and hosting services. Ongoing maintenance of purchased items or agreements is also the responsibility of the Vendor Management Specialist, making sure that the needs for any purchase is being met throughout its lifecycle.
What is expected of you:
- You will engage with various staff and vendors to ensure the procurement process is flowing with efficiency
- You will work with the finance dept and other teams to resolve issues and ensure that services are not interrupted by a lapse in an agreement or payment (familiarity with purchase orders is a must!)
- You will contribute to and maintain documentation for the procurement processes and procedures
- You will track and reconcile monthly credit card purchases
What you'll bring to the team:
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You have strong communication skills, the ability to make decisions and utilize resources with limited direction from supervisor
- You are able to multitask and keep track of the various work tasks you're doing with consideration to deadlines and SLA's
- You have distinguished customer service skills
- You quickly learn tools, processes, and effectively utilize them for service delivery
- You excel with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- You have demonstrated proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses
Nice to have (PLEASE MENTION IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE BELOW SKILLS)
- You have proficiency with Google Docs (docs, sheets, slides)
- You have an understanding of general accounting principals
- You have general experience engaging with or supporting an IT organization
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
By partnering with Harvey Nash you do get the opportunity to take part in our 401K match plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, free online training tutorials/classes, medical/dental benefits in addition to discounts at various companies.