VP Marketing - Ecommerce
NY, New York,
Title: VP of Marketing (E-Mail Strategy)
Location: NY, NY
- MUST come from Ecommerce background and digital media side
- MUST have commerce (doesn’t have to be subscription – but marketing success around ecommerce)
- Would love someone ready to take a step up to lead their own team from a notable subscription marketing team
- Product background – or able to actually do technical things
- 2 major needs: 1) Technical know-how -- tinkering ability to implement things – how to set up a good campaign, compression list and cascade them etc. and 2) behavioral/emotional psychology of marketing )
- Metric driven – background ecommerce/subscription background
- Excellent email marketing track record – “killer in this channel” is very important
- Looking for someone who can build high growth
- Right now subscription products are all in early stage and need someone to keep bringing growth to these
- Management experience
- Consistently set expectations with the team, be very clear on goals
- Ability to keep a pulse on multiple people in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Marketing experience
- Would like someone with good product/tech background/sense – able to look at biz & tech platform and marketing systems and be very data driven – very metric focused
- Weekly % focus
- People management 50%
- Email ideation/strategy 50%
- Stakeholder engagement – regularly
- Product Lead on Tech team, VP Research, VP Operations
- Email Marketing – 7 yrs Technical & Data experience
- How to measure success/Must have experience specific to email mktg?
- Who gets excited about ideas generated and worked well about past experience
- Set and met specific goals around growth
- What tools/tech/vendors experience is required?
- Sailthru, google analytics, ESP, driving subscriptions is a plus
- Tech-savvy – know technology and use it day to day and understand how tech & product works on that side of the business
- Metrics driven – Anything specific
- Ideally a person who has experience for B2B subscriptions
VP of Subscription Marketing
We’re hiring a VP of Subscription Marketing to aggressively grow subscriptions and lead our marketing team from our New York office subscriptions team is passionate about producing research products that help industry leaders transform their organizations using emerging digital technologies, along with premium business news in finance, markets, enterprise, and tech.
An organization of doers from the top on down. We’re looking for someone who is a fountain of good ideas, moves fast, and loves to experiment, build, and iterate. It’s a role for someone with at least 7 years of email marketing experience, who is deeply curious about what compels people to take action and who has the technical and data chops to test their theories, build a strategy, and drive results.
As a team leader you’ll be responsible for our developing our marketing strategy, driving subscriptions, optimization, and engagement through email campaigns, maintaining relationships with technology vendors, forming new partnerships, and managing our marketing team. The VP of Subscription Marketing will also collaborate with stakeholders responsible for email across business.
- Build the vision and growth strategy of digital subscription marketing. Meet aggressive free and paid subscription signup goals to support individual / consumer business, as well as qualification and lead generation for enterprise business. Iterate quickly, generate new ideas, and double-down on winners.
- Optimize and execute on email. Develop and execute email campaigns to meet engagement, lead generation, and conversion goals. Optimize email campaigns and engagement. Delight our readers and subscribers.
- Develop a friction-free marketing funnel. From emails to landing pages to sign-ups to product/content delivery, make it a frictionless experience for our readers. Dive into audience data to make campaigns even better and remove sources of friction from our conversion process to create hassle-free sign ups across channels.
- Lead and train a high-performing team of digitally-savvy marketers to support the strategic goals of the business.
- Stay up to date on the newest digital tools and tactics in digital marketing. Review, recommend, and manage tools, services, and vendors. Evaluate, hire, and develop relationships with existing and new platforms, partners and vendors.
- 7+ years in marketing with an exceptional digital and email marketing background
- Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, data-driven, and errs on the side of action
- Technical expertise in digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, ComScore etc.)
- Ability to closely manage timelines on concurrent campaigns supporting diverse business goals
- Up-to-date on industry developments and competitors and active in the media community
- Excellent technical implementation skills in HTML, email CRM platforms, etc.
- Solid experience managing a team of dedicated marketing professionals
- Hands on experience with paid digital campaigns (PPC, display, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and managing budgets, overseeing vendors, platforms