VP, Software Engineering
Title: Vice President of Software Engineering, Digital
Type: full time perm
Location; Stamford, CT.
Must Have: Leading and managing software engineers and QA teams in building digital products across web, mobile, TV and video.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
The WWE Digital Product Team is looking for a VP, Software Engineering- Applications to lead the engineering and quality assurance teams that build, enhance, and support WWE’s consumer digital products. This role will be a key member of the Digital Product leadership team to help devise and implement a successful digital strategy roadmap.
WWE’s digital product portfolio includes the WWE Network, an award-winning OTT streaming service with over 2M subscribers across 18 platforms and roughly 200 countries and territories.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and have lead engineering teams building complex, personalized, digital experiences across multiple devices including computers, mobile devices and TVs. Our environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and fun. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Digital Products.
- Collaboration with diverse stakeholders, including design, product, and backend technology teams to translate designs and user stories into functional frontend code.
- Articulate the benefits and constraints of different technology solutions to all relevant stakeholders
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Create strong development practices, standards and processes for code development. Follow industry best practices and company guidelines to create maintainable site code.
- Guide decisions on technical architecture and strategy to ensure high levels of system and software scalability, performance, and availability.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Attract, retain, manage and mentor a team of engineers with expertise across all relevant areas of technology.
- Manage multiple teams, including external development partners, working on various product initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
- 10+ years' experience within the software development including managing/leading front end teams
- Experience creating code and process documentation and standards and holding an organization accountable to these standards
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top technical talent
- Experience creating responsive web interfaces and mobile apps. TV app experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, Agile / Scrum Certification (or equivalent) is a plus
- Highly experienced with validation and QA processes associated with frontend development
- Experience in source code management systems and tools, such as GIT
- Ability to be hands-on with code to assist developers; has a passion for Software development
- Strong passion for learning and promoting new Front end technologies and frameworks
- Market interest and awareness for video-based digital experiences, general software development trends and consumer tendencies