NY, New York
The Senior Storage / Servers Engineer will be based in the New York office and will be responsible for providing support to the Americas region and data centers. The Senior Storage/Server Engineer will also work closely with global colleagues, including head office based in London. The role will entail a mixture of day-to-day support activities as well as project work as outlined below
Technical Support (80%)
- Provide expert level support for all technical issues in Active Directory and Microsoft Windows environment supporting over 100 servers and 280+ users in the Americas region.
- Provide technical guidance and expert level support for patch management, server/data center management, backups, Virtualization and SAN environment.
- Perform Infrastructure configuration management activities, and follow change management procedures for implementing any changes to the production environment.
- Leads initiatives to consolidate, upgrade and implement equipment and/or implement business relocations.
- Analysis, design, configuration, capacity management, troubleshooting and support of EMC (Isilon) and Pure storage systems
- Experience with site to site and DR replication
- In-depth knowledge of general storage technologies: iSCSI, FC, SAN, NAS, DAS
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in dynamic and fast-paced environment
Operational Support (20%)
- Help create and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency of IT operations, identify areas for improvement and suggest technical, process and organizational changes.
- Will recommend and implement capacity increases, serve as the technical escalation for results of preventative maintenance routines and will supervise preventative maintenance
- Effectively communicate resolutions to IT staff and users ensuring incidents are resolved and end user communication is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or relevant field.
- Experience/ability to write, review and test of Disaster Recovery, Information Security, Technical Documentation.
- Possess Industry Certifications in Storage, Microsoft, VMware.
- Five (5) + years experience in IT Operations in an enterprise level environment providing Tier1 & 2 expert level support.
- MS Active Directory, MS Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, IIS server, Symantec NetBackup 7 & Rubrik, VMWare ESXi 6.0 and above.
- EMC SAN; SAN switches; Isilon; DataDomain; Citrix; Blade technology; Pure storage technology; Scripting; Cisco UCS
- Willingness to be part of on-call rotation.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- Experience with Pure-Storage and EMC Isilon
- Comfortable supporting technology remotely and hand-on in remote data centres
- Knowledge of monitoring tool and platforms
- Strong problem solving and problem management skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Cloud knowledge will be a plus